Friday, September 18, 2020

Lock down Writing

This week we have been writing stories about what happened in your own lock down, and what your family did. Here is my writing about my lock down. How did your lock down turn out? enjoy.



Life During Lock down - Bailee

Lock down was a very well… How could I put this nicely, ‘exciting adventure with my family’. During the start of lock down, I was extremely excited to hear we didn’t have to go to school for a while. I couldn’t stop thinking about everything I could do in these few weeks away from school. Around the first week of not being at school, I loved being able to sleep in, although that didn’t last long. I enjoyed baking sweet treats for the family, I say for the family but really, I was the one that ate most of them.


I’d always get asked by my parents about where all the baking went, I’d have the same response every time, making something up along the lines of blaming it on my older brother. I would bake all sorts of things like cookies, cakes, cupcakes, and more. My little brother was always in the kitchen looking over my shoulder, licking the icing bowls and slobbering all over the spoons, even when I still needed them, He would classify this as ‘helping.’


I got sick of the idea of baking all the time so I knew I had to find some other ways to entertain myself, at this point I started to miss my friends, and funny enough I even started to miss school. Two weeks into lock down, we were starting to get sent work tasks that we had to complete by the end of the week. I regret telling my mum about work that needed to be finished, she ended up waking me up early in the morning and making sure it was finished by 3 PM.


Every day past 3 PM, I would scroll through Netflix hoping to find a decent movie. I found this series called “YOU.” It had two seasons and I finished that in about a week. When I was up to the last episode of the last season I straight away began to be bored. I was disappointed that it was finished, but also because the next season wasn’t coming out till 2021.


Although lock down was a bit boring, I still enjoyed some of the things I had done. It was good to get away from school for a bit but i'm glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thought, helpful comments.